Wednesday 14 January 2015

Designing houses and costumes for each Quarter.

I decided to try out some different styles of houses for my Citadel Quarters, each part has its own unique buildings pertaining to each races way of living, some of the cultures I have chosen have quite similar building shapes (Meso-Americans and Middle Eastern) so making them look different is a bit of a challenge.


I chose to do the Middle-Easter houses quite square, through looking on the internet a lot of the houses I found looked like these, square open roof areas, cylindrical type doors, some of them have stairs going up the side of the walls to get to the top of the house and some had domes on them.


For the Inuit style houses I found this quite tricky as the most obvious houses you think of when thinking of Inuit people is igloo's, I watched a few episodes of 'Life Below Zero' for insperation and most houses are made of wood, so using this I thought of log cabins and wood framed buildings so I thought I would make a wooden igloo to try and keep that old fashioned idea of an igloo but for a warmer climate, for some buildings natives use fur to block the wind out and keep in the warm, I like this idea so I thought I could link it into the giant skeleton on the mountainside seeing as it is what bought my people out there, so I made the wooden frames to look like the ribs and added the wooden head to the frame aswell, the fur would be used to block the sun and keep the houses warm at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment