Sunday 1 February 2015

Radiant Worlds (formally Blitz) Research.

To understand the art style I am expected to produce I must first research the company as I have never heard of them before, TO GOOGLE

"Located in the picturesque town of Royal Leamington Spa, Radiant Worlds is a professional indie game development studio comprising more than 70 talented individuals. We are united in our pursuit of creative and personal excellence, and the delivery of our brilliant new game, SkySaga: Infinite Isles.
Our heritage is as long as the games industry itself, stretching back over 30 years with cherished titles on all platforms. SkySaga represents the culmination of a long-held ambition and a fantastic partnership with the Korean publishing giant Smilegate, who are helping us transform our vivid dream into a thrilling reality."


This is taken from their Linkedin page


Here is a collection of some of the work they have produced found through google to help with me seeing their style.




To me their style has the gorgeous hand drawn quality like Blizzard, with the essence of Minecraft and Stonehearth, and it looks really cute, the style is very sweet looking but also some parts are a little creepy with the detatched arms and legs, I love the sheep, everything has a really nice colour to it!

First off I will have a few goes at replicating the style to get some practise in and then move on to starting the designs for the loot chest. All in all I am very excited to create this item, a lot more excited than when I got through doing the Environmental pre vis work.

No comments:

Post a Comment