Friday 30 January 2015

Next Art Test - The Live Art Test.

I am a week late with this blog post, I've had a really bad time with my art this week, think it's just a bit of a major slump, everyone gets them but I've been thinking a lot about things and instead of moping I'm just going to grow up and get on with it so here is the next art test we received.

I knew from the start of the week that I was going to rule out 2D concepty art as I feel that this is not the path I should take. There are several of the 2D Art Tests that drew my eye but I know that I can't do them as far as my skill level goes.

My eye is drawn to the Infinite Isles art test, we can't post too much as far as images given because these are from Games companies who are being very generous with letting us see and do these kinds of tests (I am so lucky to be with such an awesome University that we get these) details are ...

"Skysaga: Infinite Isles Unveiled Art Test

3D
Art Test

Your task is to create the ‘Loot Chest’ asset. Utilize the ‘Loot Chest’ concept art and example assets provided as a guide to produce your art piece The example assets folder contains two game resolution assets to assist you. They are representative of both model/texture construction and usage as well visual style and quality. The concept piece they were based upon is also provided for your reference. Good Luck."

I really like making things in Maya, I don't see that causing me too many problems, I just have to be careful about my polycount and keeping things low. My biggest challenge here is textures, I am a bit weak on these and with my last project I just used textures found from google and free sites, here I am going to have to hand paint everything to keep with the style.

My schedule seeing as I'm a week behind because of my slump is as follows.

Week 2

  • Research the company and check out the work they create
  • Start with 2D hand drawings
  • Iterate colours and designs
  • Start creating 3D model
  • Do basic textures
Week 3

  • Start doing textures
  • finish everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment