Tuesday 11 November 2014

Creating a game cover

A little way of bringing my game to life for me was to create a game cover for if it was released on the x-box 360, this was really fun to do and really gave me a sense of realism when I couldn't quite picture it in real life. Here is my progress creating the piece.







And here is the final piece, with added texture on the treesto make the trees and leaves less 'brushy' I am really loving the chance to learn how to paint like this, I still struggle with perspective and if I was going to do this again I would definitely change the legs, the right one could do with being a little smaller and with less knee showing. This marks the first time I have not used a cloud brush so I feel a little more accomplished :D

 

Here is the final piece with back blurb, I really love this image as it kind of looks like a game I would buy if I saw it in a shop, of course I speak with a little bias because I created it, but this is the type of game style I am genuinely am drawn to in shops.


No comments:

Post a Comment