Wednesday 30 October 2013

Sketches from the Cathedral - Norwich.

For one of our workshops we went to the Cathedral in Tombland, Norwich. As a local girl I've been to the Cathedral many times before, but I've never taken the time to sit down and draw in there, So being given the chance to draw here was amazing. We had to draw in Thumbnails to begin with, apologies for the quality these were taken on my camera phone for convenience.

 



The final image was a 45 or so minute sketch where we had to incorporate a fantasy setting, I chose to have a monkish robed figure with vials of unknown liquids, sort of like a Hogwarts, wizard-like place, there was a part of the Cathedral with hollowed out walls like windows that I had drawn before in my thumbnails so I chose those. Here is the final result.


I would love to colour this in as I thought it was quite good considering I've never drawn a full image with a background in it as well, but as it doesn't quite fit in with my actual project I will leave it aside for the time being, I think it would look nice with colour to bring it to life though. This workshop has helped me a lot and I can't wait for the next offsite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment