Thursday 7 May 2015

Collecting Textures

These are a collection of textures that I will be using some how within my level. Alot of the paintings I have chosen all have meaning behind them, for instance


  • The painting at the beginning is called 'The calm before the storm' I placed it in the childs bedroom to show that his youth is the calm before the storm of his future hits.
  • As you go down the corridors the paintings change to reflect the changing personality and mental state of the character.
  • The Painting in the Voyeur room is a woman also being spied on, I chose this to show a bit of weakness in the character inside the room who is unaware she is almost part of the painting.
  • In the End Room the two paintings show a person being pushed down on and a monster eating a human torso, this represents the victim being attacked and the monster represents the players character turning into a monster. I didn't want to show a crime happening so this is the best way I can show it through figurative images.

One thing I would love to do in the future is get a tiny bit more technical with my texturing, as this level is representing just a basic prototype I am keeping the textures very flat and basic. Also I chose to do this as it is keeping with my comfort level. For BA 7 and 8 I might have a go at getting a little more technical and push myself to try going out of prototype and into a fancier looking game idea.

But for now here are the textures ...






No comments:

Post a Comment