Friday 31 January 2014

A Change of Heart and Sillouettes.

Having gone the past few days unable to really make my mind up on what I wanted to do, I kept veering away from the Gargoyle image and then was going towards deer, but I wanted to keep my association with water and purity, and started going towards a water based creature.












Although I really love the way the deer lady was going, the way the water creature came out just struck me, and naturally made me think of some weird kind of mermaid. In my research I came across this image

I love the way that the legs are seperate, the mermaid still looks humanoid despite being fishlike. I would like to incorperate this image into the way my character looks. When I first started thinking of the idea of mermaids I thought would they be a bit too promiscious for Chastity, but then after a little bit more research I found this quote

                   "Mermaids are the perfect symbol of purity and serenity, the union of sea creature and beautiful woman, alluring but unavailable. Amphitrite was the Queen of the Sea and the reluctant wife of Poseidon (also known as Neptune)."

It hit me, they kind of are a great symbol for purity, they are described as beautiful but elusive and unavailable to men, also with the whole bottom half fish body would make things awkward in the bedroom so to speak. Now I must just think of everything else that goes with this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment